Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Parallel Winos is Back 01-15


For the past few years I've been working for corporate america as a wine buyer. Four years ago I started working for a division of Kroger on the west coast called QFC, Quality Food Centers. While at QFC, I managed over 2,500 different wines and 450 different spirits. Anything from Absolut Vodka to 14 Hands Hot to Trot to Insignia. 

I recently took up a position as a wine buyer for a medium sized grocery store called Haggen. Haggen has 150 stores in five US states. Haggen prides themselves on local products and friendly, knowledgeable staff. This is why they've got wine stewards. 

On any given day, I taste over half a dozen new and old products. From beer, wine, liquor, mixers, and ciders. This blogspot will cover all aspects of any given review from placement, packaging, pricing, location of purchase, taste of product, uniqueness of product and behind the scenes of production. This is meant to allow my readers to know first hand whether they'd like a given reviewed product. The blog is mine. The words are mine. I may be proper and I may coarse. Have fun reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment